Thursday, January 27, 2011

Either Criminalize Beer, Legalize All Drugs, or Shut the Fuck Up.

The “War on Drugs” has been a fraud from day one. Hundreds of billions of taxpayer dollars have been spent to perpetuate a system that fosters violence and favors organized crime while substance abuse is criminalized instead of treated.

Prohibition was found to be incompatible with a free society nearly a century ago, and every argument to continue the failed policy could also be made for the prohibition of alcohol, a perfectly legal and often celebrated substance.

Either criminalize beer, legalize all drugs, or shut the fuck up.




1 comment:

Andrew said...

I pretty much agree. Here in Britain, both main parties seem extremely friendly with the brewers and they employ a lot of people.

I don't drink or take drugs, but if I wanted to get out of my head, it would be soft drugs, not alcohol I would use. But I still don't really approve of it. The only argument I can see for keeping them illegal is simply to see if the government can prohibit things and then with good enough enforcement, border control etc. actually make them go away. The answer so far is, of course, a resounding NO. But as Capt. Picard said, in the future it will get more and more difficult the break ANY laws. Crack and alcohol are bad. Maybe we should minimise their use now on the basis that one day they will all disappear, at least to the point where only the super rich can get them. I would regard a drug and alcohol free world as rather nice. I know some people think it would be crushingly boring. They should try having sex PROPERLY.

Your blog looks promising, and I know of what I speak. I've been blogging since 9/11.